COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITIES (PAST AND PRESENT)
1. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Alumni Chapter, Xi Iota Omega Chapter, Oak Ridge, TN,
Member - 1985-89; Secretary- 1987-89; Alumni Chapter, Rho Zeta Omega Chapter, Atlanta, GA,
2. The Oak Ridge Community Art Center/Museum of Fine Art. Oak Ridge, TN. Family membership-
1987-89. Elected board member - 1988-89.
3. The Chicago Council on Foreign Relations. Chicago, IL. Associate member. 1984-89.
4. Art Center of Chicago. Chicago, IL. Family membership - 1982-89.
5. National Association of Female Executives, Inc. Member- 1984-88.
6. Abbott Laboratories Institutional Review Board, Abbott Laboratories, North Chicago, IL. Appointed board member-1984-85.
7. Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, IL. Volunteer Scientist. 1984-85.
Appointed board member - 1984-1985. Program Chairperson - 1985.
8. Habilitative Systems, Inc., Welfare Agency, Chicago, IL. Appointed board member - 1985-87. Board
President - 1985.
9. Citizen’s Environmental Advisory Committee, Village of Vernon Hills, Vernon Hills, IL. Appointed board member - 1985-90. Served during 1985.
10. Lake County Urban League, North Chicago, IL. Appointed board member- 1984-85. Program Chairperson- 1985.
11. Career consultant, Career Awareness Day, Vine Middle School, Knoxville, TN. 1987, 1988 and 1989.
12. Career Consultant, Youth Motivation Task Force Program, National Alliance of Business, Dept. of Labor, Washington, D.C. Stillman College, Tuscaloosa, AL. 1982. Miles College, Birmingham, AL. 1983.
13. Career Consultant - Minority Access to Research Careers Program-National Institute of General Medical Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI. 1984.
14. Research Board of Advisors-Honorary Appointment, The American Biographical Institute, Inc. National Division. 1991-present.